My past shopping trips to Los Angeles have mainly focused on La Cienga's antique stores. This week I ventured to La Brea where many of the design stores have relocated due to the more affordable rent. While I still feel La Cienga overall has better quality pieces, I was able to find a few good stores with some nice pieces pictured below.
Last week, NYC was filled with so many beautiful things to see. Below are a few of my top finds from some of the art & design shows. My favorites being: the single-arm Petit Frank chair, selections from the Kramarsky Collection, Nucleo resin furniture and the Round Cupside silver mirror which can be made in polished copper- imagine how stunning that would be!!
Friends and clients are always asking where I like to shop for interiors. I have compiled a list of my favorite stores highlighting some of their best pieces.
If I had it my way, everything would be made in cerused oak- I can't seem to get enough of it! It's dressy and casual, and in the right context can look amazing. I've highlighted some of my favorite light and dark cerused oak pieces. Imagine a room with textured ivory Venetian plaster walls, cerused oak tables, parchment tabletops and white Murano glass lamps- stylish serenity. While some items can be pricey, Serena & Lily just offered a set of nesting night tables that are reasonably affordable with great lines. Here is a little piece on the history of cerusing (a.k.a. liming) for those who want to know more.
Where To Buy:
1. Carte Armchair by Mattaliano.
2. "Cardin" Table Lamp Designed by Kimille Taylor sold through Valerie Goodman Gallery.
3. Robjohn Gibbings for Widdicomb Cerused Sideboard sold through Eric Appel Antiques.
4. Natural Limed Oak Bookcase sold through Mecox Garden & Arteriors.
5. Pair of Grey Cerused Formation Benches designed by Irwin Feld sold through CF Modern.
6. Cerused Oak Wall and Floor Treatment by Kelly Wearstler for her client's Tribeca Triplex.
7. Black Oak Cabinet designed by Jean-Michel Frank sold through ROARK.
8. Ebonized "Pierre" lamp by Kimille Taylor sold through Valerie Goodman Gallery.
9. Rowe Nesting Tables by Serena and Lily.